Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Collaborative learning - July 5th

 In todays's class we were focusing on working collaboratively using Skype, Titan Pad and Google Docs. I have used Skype before; however, Titan Pad and Google Docs were new programs for me. I have to say I really enjoyed getting to know and use these. 

First of all Titan Pad, proved to be a very useful tool. I think that it would be a great tool for group brain storming, or group writing. I liked the fact that you can make numerous revisions and everyone can work at the same time. I look forward to experimenting with it and coming up with some ways to utilize it with my students.

Google Docs is an excellent tool for both teachers and students. I love the way that several people can work together and edit documents or slideshows, it would be a great tool for preparing presentation with colleagues or for having students do group work, especially from home. Adding skype to either Titan Pad or Google Docs makes for an even more collaborative experience. Overall, I learned alot today.

No comments:

Post a Comment